Ever since I have started putting myself out there with my daily foods, I have been so enlightened by the very talented vegan community on Instagram and how they’ve inspired me to welcome more raw vegan foods into my life. So, I went to buy some ingredients to make my very first, intentional, raw vegan food! Once I became vegan, my love for carrot cake immediately flourished to the ceiling of my internal garden of cravings. Having said that, I decided to make this creation special by making raw carrot cake. Yes, super noms! I went all sorts of crazy on this one. Initially, I was only supposed to make raw carrot cake. Mind you, I have never tried raw desserts before, not even raw carrot cake. I thought the outcome turned out to be a disappointment. I didn’t enjoy the texture, it didn’t taste like carrot cake to me at all. But then I realized that I was just too excited and ate it too soon! I placed it in the freezer and then heaven made angels once I took it out after a few hours. I was so excited that I decided to step outside the box and make some carrot cake goodies.
Carrot Cake Batternanza
Cake (as shown in all four creations)
- food processor
- 3 medium sized carrots, peeled
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 cups dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Frosting(as shown on the heart carrot cake bites)
- this amazing recipe
Banana Ice Cream/Smoothie(as shown in bowl and mason jar)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup cabbage
- juice from 1 lime
- one big scoop of carrot cake batter
- 1 frozen banana
Cake Batter Method
- Set up food processor.
- Cut carrots into small pieces, enough to fit them all into the food processor.
- Throw all ingredients and pulse or process on low until a batter starts to form.
- Spread into a small pan and let it set for a few hours.
- Take out of freezer and do what your heart desires! Like bliss balls with ice cream, or a pan of it topped with cashew cream or heart shape ’em up if you’d like!
Banana Ice Cream Method(as shown with the mason jar)
- Grab ingredients from the bottom layer(bananas, cabbage, lime) and blend in a blender or food processor.
- Take 2 big scoops of carrot cake batter and dollop onto the bottom layer of ice cream into a bowl or mason jar.
- Grab ingredients from top layer (carrot cake batter, banana) and blend in food processor or blender.
- Top with as much carrot cake batter as you like and indulge. Heavily.