A few days back, my lovely boyfriend was so thoughtful and surprised me with a load of food goodies, which included cantaloupe! I suddenly thought “noms” because I haven’t had cantaloupe in ages. I remember my parents making the best cantaloupe juice ever! The filipino version they made was a classic and I had thoughts of revisiting my childhood memories. Although that will be one day soon, I decided to make cantaloupe juice without all the added sugar and stringed fruit and make a crazy fun healthy version!
Cantaloupe Juice (Vegan, Raw)
- melon baller(optional)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cantaloupe
- stub of ginger (about the size of your nail)
- balls from the flesh of cantaloupe (optional)
- 1 tbsp of desired sweetner (i used agave, but this is optional)
- Take the melon baller and make balls from the flesh of the cantaloupe. This is OPTIONAL, but so much fun! Take the skewers and stick desired number of cantaloupe balls into each skewer. Place in the freezer.
- In a blender, take the rest of the flesh from the cantaloupe, water, sweetener(optional), and ginger and blend until smooth.
- Fridge until cold. When ready to serve, take the melon skewers and enjoy your heart out!