I be muggin’…I be muggin’…(excuse the grammar). Bey(once) has been on my mind because VMAs just ended and I thought it was perfect for this post! *ok Krystle focus*
This mugcake is spongy, so if you are looking for a healthy, non-spongy mugcake, I have not found a recipe yet. I am sorry. I’m relatively new to mugcakes, this being my third mugcake ever made throughout my whole 20 something years of life. It was especially delicious to me because it is under the healthy category! And i’m really the most non pickiest (is it a word?) person on the planet, so let me know your thoughts on ’em.
Chocolate Protein Mugcake (with banana ice cream)
- blender or food processor (for oats and ice cream)
- 1/2 cup oats, grinded
- 1 scoop Orgain Chocolate Fudge Protein Powder(or your own brand)
- 1 tsp wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp vinegar +1tsp baking powder, mixed (or any type of replacement egg)
- non dairy milk (I used soy milk)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- peanut butter
- peanut butter blueberry sauce (blueberries+peanut butter+splash of nondairy milk)
- Cocoa Crunch Squarebars
- anything else you want!
- Grind oats and place all dry ingredients in one bowl and mix. You can also blend the dry ingredients with the oats. In another bowl, add the wet ingedients(except non dairy milk) and mix well. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Little by little, add non dairy milk until you get a cake like consistency. Check the “NOTE” above for tips.
- Once finished, pour into a mug and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Let cool, especially if you don’t want your ice cream to melt.
- With a blender or food processor, add the frozen bananas and blend until you get an ice cream texture.
- Add the cinnamon and pulse for a few seconds.
- Pour out into a bowl and place in freezer.