I’ve been heavily neglecting my dear blog and true apologies to that: I’m being really unprofessional and irresponsible! You see, I have not mastered the art in time management, but that area is currently having the most attention, so try not to worry! 🙂
I made these due to pre workout bored-ness, and I would like to tell you that I remember the filling, but unfortunately, I had to re-try the recipe for the filling again in order to post this recipe, since this recipe is waaaaay overdue! I tried my best to replicate it, but lets get to some notes about this recipe so you can get started!
The cookie: It’s pretty soft. After you bake it, you have to let it set on the cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to mash the banana until there are no lumps! I swear this matters.
The filling: I have found that you can put ANYTHING in between these cookies, as you can between an two buns or slices of bread. The protein filling would have to be made first and placed in the freezer before hand, to make sure that it will stay together, especially if you live where it is hot all the time.
Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 nut butter (I use unsalted peanut butter)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave sweetener (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup oats, ground (you can just grind them)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- about 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 pack of tofu (about 6 ounces)
- 2 scoop desired protein powder
- 2 bananas, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- dash of vanilla
- Make the filling before hand. Place all ingredients in blender. Freeze in a freeze safe container.
- Place all wet ingredients for the cookies in one bowl. Set aside. Place all dry ingredients in one bowl and mix well. Take the wet ingredients and mix everything except for the chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Fold in the chocolate chips and roll into balls. Set on parchment paper and flatten them with your fingers (they don’t rise).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until they feel a bit crispy on the edges. They will come out mostly soft, but will harden as they cool.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out protein filling or desired filling. The filling should be firm enough to scoop out without dripping. When cookies are no longer hot, fill the cream in between and serve. Enjoy!