Here is one of my favorite foods to eat: Cookies! This chocolate chip cookie dough will join the healthier alternatives I have found on pinterest and google search in general. I have attempted to tweak this recipe twice and I want to make this one more time and update the recipe because I know third times the charm and this recipe has been high requested and long over due on my part and I apologize greatly again.
Some notes on this baby:
- vegan, protein filled
- perfectly fine as a dip at room temperature
- best if frozen (I actually require this)
- better with ice cream (what else would you eat them with?)
- can be flattened into a crust topped with your favorite fruits
yields approx. 2 1/2 cups (5-6 servings)
- food processor
Note: I used the spatula a lot, so this is much needed, unless your not a weakling like me. 🙂
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp soymilk
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oats, uncooked
- 1/3 cup chocolate fudge protein powder (any protein powder is ok)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- With your food processor, mix the cashews, wheat flour, oats, coconut sugar, and protein powder. Add in the garbanzo beans until you get a thick consistency.
- Add in the wet ingredients (do not add in chocolate chips until last step). The consistency should get thicker by this step.
- You will want to remove the batter out the food processor and into a bowl to mix it better.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and freeze(must) until the dough is not doughy.
- Enjoy with ice cream! *
*I used banana ice cream with cinnamon.
Any questions, feel free to comment below! 🙂