I would make this. Again. And again. AND AGAIN. This salad is soo perfect for anytime of day, really. Highly customizable, but this combonitation in particular will catch you addicted in a heartbeat!
Check out this recipe below! 🙂
The Most Perfect Fall/Winter Salad w/ Balsamic Dressing
- 5 cups kale
- 1/4 of 1 butternut squash, sliced & steamed
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbs EVOO
- 1 tsp agave nectar (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 tsp liquid aminos
- salt & lemon pepper
- Rinse kale and massage thoroughly in a large bowl. Start chopping the kale until is almost mince- like. Set aside.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp EVOO and roast almonds for a minute or two. Add the almonds to the bowl with kale.
- Deseed the pomegranates and add the the bowl.
- Slice butternut squash like shown above in the final picture and fry in a pan of olive oil until golden brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss with the rest of the ingredients.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together. Season to taste.