I have procrastinated with this one, but here it is!
It’s basically everything you want in a burger! Why? WELL because…
- its vegan! win win for us and animals <3
- its healthy! if you stop at one burger…
- its perfect all year round
- BALSAMIC GRILLED PEACHES, come on.
- it’s loved by men, huge plus for you meat lovers
- roasted bell peppers!
- because PRETZEL BUNS.
I just want to say before anything else that this burger was inspired by the amazing Tieghan from Half Baked Harvest. I basically veganized her recipe, make some changes like the mozzarella, which I did not have the ingredients to veganize (you can totally veganize this, just like everything else on this planet!). I give her credit just because I was truly inspired by her and her photography. A salad or some fruit would be essential with this burger. Oh, including the extra amount of cashew sauce you WILL devour and add to your burger after each bite…hehe.
Check the recipe down here!
Healthy Balsamic Glazed Peaches and Black Bean Burger w/ Basil Cashew Sauce (VEGAN)
- Gardein black bean burger patties
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- pretzel buns
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (and 1 tsp for grilled peaches)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 red bell peppers
- one bunch fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
Cheesy Cashew Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours or overnight
- 1 garlic clove, roasted over stove
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water (1 tablespoons increments after for thinning)
- 1 tsp lemon
- fresh basil (optional)
- On a non stick pan, cook the black bean burger patties. Once done. set aside.
- Roast the red bell peppers on the stove or on grill until charred. Once done, peel off some of the char from the skin that has formed and discard. Slice the bell peppers and set aside with the burger patties.
- On a heated saucepan, pour 1/2 cup of the balsamic vinegar to a low boil. Then, mix in the coconut sugar and let simmer until it becomes syrupy. About 15 minutes. Let cool to thicken (x)
- Meanwhile, place all cheesy cashew sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix agave and peaches together until the peaches are coated. Add to a grill pan until they are cooked with grill marks. Before taking peaches off the pan, turn off stove, add 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, and grill until they are coated. Set aside with red bell pepper and burger patties.
- On a pan or grill, coat with EVOO and heat up sliced pretzels buns.
- Assemble everything to your liking. Have fun with it and ENJOY!