“Hello! How are you?”
This is what I usually think of when I try to write a blog post. I think it’s clear I am not the best blogger out there, but I can say I am the best procrasti-blogger out there! Having said that, this recipe has been the current Kim Kardashian of my IG as of late and I have been meaning to post this AGES ago, but being the procrasti-blogger that I am, I am posting it right now. Yes. I know. I am sorry.
Also, I am sorry for the complicated looking blog I have here. I am trying to look for someone to help me fix my blog. If you can, please email me thefluffyvegan @ yahoo dot com (beware bots!) hehe.
A few things about this recipe:
-You can substitute the pasta with seriously any type of noodle you desire. Whether it’s zoodles to caroodles (spiralized carrots) to rice noodles, you get my point.
-IF you are going to go raw with your noodles, I suggest you heat up the sauce before hand, as the pasta I used went into the whole mixture of ingredients INSTANTLY after I boiled them, which is what I suggest in the recipe. Just a heads up: it will not mix well if you do not follow this tip.
-You really don’t need the filipino fried corn chips. I added it because of the extra crunch. You can easily use more roasted peanuts or use your favorite chips because you should be really fusion like me :).
The last and best thing I would like to say is that I adapted this recipe from Tieghan from Half Baked Harvest. She is like GOALS to me. Haha! I cannot give all the credit to myself, Tigehan is a genius and her recipe is vegan friendly. I just changed a few to my version to my liking. PLEASE CHECK HER OUT!! I love her!! T
- 1/2 pound spaghetti (sub with zucchini for a healthier option)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp date syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hot chili oil (or 2 tsp red pepper flakes)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 oz tofu, cubed, baked
- 2 green or red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved & grilled
- toasted sesame seeds
- diced fresh jalapeños
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup filipino fried corn (optional)
- drizzle of white truffle oil (optional, but lovely addition)
- In a pot of hot boiling water, cook the pasta according to the package. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, date syrup, lemon juice, hot chili oil, peanut butter, tahini, sesame oil, and coconut milk in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- With the same bowl, add the spiralized zucchini, pasta, parsley, cilantro, tofu, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, sesame seeds. Top with fresh jalapeños, peanuts, filipino corn, and a drizzle of white truffle oil and enjoy hot or cold!